Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kettlebells - competition type worth the extra?

Options
  • 10-03-2023 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭

I've been training with some Lidl kettlebells for the last few months for core strength - swings, squats etc and I really enjoy the sessions and find my ITB issues are lessening to a great extent the more I do over time.

I'd like to get some heavier ones and I see online that there are "competition" ones that all are the same size and others that seem to vary madly in size. The competition ones appeal, though as I'm just using one at a time for the swings etc I wonder are they worth the premium price?

Any advice or suggestions?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭event

What the hell is a competition one?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Pros: The idea behind competition kettlebells is that their consistent size and centre of gravity ensures your form is the same as you move between different weights.

Cons: Price, and if you're mostly doing swings or other two handed exercises then the narrower handles of competition kettlebells might make it harder for you to use two hands.

Otherwise it's a matter of individual preference. Personally I find the competition kettlebells sit more comfortable on the forearms than other styles - particularly ones with a flat side - but that seems to be a minority view.

Advertisement