Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rail tickets not working at the gates

Options
  • 10-03-2023 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else have this issue?

I am wondering is there some fault in their electronic gates system lately but almost every time I put my ticket into the gate it keeps moving backwards and forwards before eventually being spit out. It’s a huge inconvenience to have to keep approaching the rail staff to open the gate for me. This used to only be a rare occurrence but now it is happening every time I am using the train. I am not bending or folding the ticket either. The only thing I can think of is that I got a new phone not long ago and is it possible the signal from my phone is damaging the seal part on the ticket? It’s just very baffling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

I also find that if the tickets get checked on the train and stamped with their little date thing it never works at the gate at Heuston for me

Advertisement