Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost of nissan ignition coils and spark plugs

Options
  • 09-03-2023 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,

My car had check engine light on the other day, sluggishacceleration, finally got to mechanic to read the code, turns out i need to replace all 4 coil packs and 4 spark plugs.

Local mechanic quoted us 500e and advised it would take all day.

I have 2008 nissan note 1.6l petrol automatic.

My question is does that quote sounds alright?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Usually spark plugs and coils is a fast and easy job to carry out, provided there are no obstructions.I'm not familiar with your car but a quick YT video shows that EGR and intake manifold has to be removed because the plugs and coils are hidden underneath. (What a ridiculous design)

That's probably where the cost is coming from and probably why they haven't been changed and went bad.

Shouldn't be an all day long type of job though and €500 does sound excessive. But again, not familiar with that car or engine.

I'd get a second opinion/quote

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Has it ever had spark plugs changed before?

If you want to have a go yourself, change the 4 spark plugs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Is that 500 all in or just labour, if the former, not much margin in it for him

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement