Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary School Advice Please

Options
  • 09-03-2023 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, If anyone has any information on LCC and/or St. Dominic’s Cabra, I would be very grateful. Daughter is good academically and enjoys after school stuff/sports too. Thanks a mil.

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

i have some friends with kids in LCC and they are very happy with it and the facilities. Support for special needs is pretty good and the facilities are good.

I haven't heard anything about Cabra convent in years but anyone I know in the area is sending their kids there with no hesitation so is probably still good.

Main difference is proabbly if you want a mixed school or not. Aside from that support and guidance at home is far more important than the school.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Best advice I can give is get out at aged 15 that's what I did 24 years ago. Best decision I ever made. I got a job and was qualified four years later doing an apprenticeship. I then went back to college during the 2008/09 recession.

Advertisement