Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niall Boylan

Options

Comments

Yep he says next tweet that he'll still be doing nights. Maybe The Bai have agreed for Classic Hits to have an all music daytime schedule? The two hours of talk at Midday is a legacy thing from the very early days of 4fm when Damien Kiberd did a current affairs Lunchtime show

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mykrodot

aw that's a pity, I really liked his Lunchtime Show.

I was never really a fan of The Boylan shows as i always associate them with the massive dumbing down of the original 4fm that occured in 2011 but I admire Niall an awful lot since 2020, when he was one of a tiny few mainstream presenters not entertaining the "zero covid" crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

He'll be doing an expanded night show by the sounds of it, Mon-Thurs

He's actually a pretty good interviewer.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

He's the reason I never listen to the station.

Might start listening to them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Niall is alright-he has his own views and isn't afraid to voice them.

Of course that will make him persona non grata to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

No issue with Niall, we need more broadcasters like him who actually question things like government decisions.

Too many follow the official narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭Gusser09

His slot at lunch is real bottom feeder stuff with scripted callers. Good riddance.

Get that pipe Lucy kennedy off now. Pure shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Good. Cant stand the man and the sound of his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Is it known what is replacing him on day time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Why do u listen to him then? Don't say u don't otherwise why make a comment? And if u do, change station

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Muller1991

I'd wonder will the station move to a more music orientated show at that time or will Adrian or Jeremy take the reigns.

It depends if they've been given Bai approval as the only reason Boylan was put on twice a day was due to them being tied to Martin Block's 30% talk commitment. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Kennedy and Dixon are taking over tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

His slot is more music from Monday, Tara can't remember the surname.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

this is good, i always prefered him doing just the night show as a lot more varied things could be discussed.

if the night show is going back to being longer again then that is a good result also.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

A: I've heard enough of him from his show being played in shops, bus , etc.

B: This is a discussion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Leilak

Did he leave voluntarily ?

he’s starting a new podcast so it couldn’t have come at a better time for him. Talk radio is dead, he knows that but is keeping his foot in the door in case podcast dosen’t work out imo

If they are changing to a music format, it's extremely unlikely to be his choice to leave the slot voluntarily. Does anyone remember David Harvey doing the lunchtime before Niall ? Hard to believe it's about 12 years ago now. Originally after the failure of the original mature sounding 4fm, David Harvey replaced Damian Kiberd on lunchtime, and after a short awhile of doing a magazine type show changed to the shock Jock format that Niall continued for many years. Niall was originally doing nights only and his late show came about to to fill the talk quota after Tom Mcgurk's Drivetime talk show was axed.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

I dont mind him but my issue is that its the same callers on anytime i tune in

That's true but it's totally understandable because all phone in shows have always had "regulars" (e.g John O'Donovan) 4fm/Classic Hits has always had a relatively low listenership, when you add that to the fact that not many average people want to talk live on the radio, it's not surprising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Indeed John of red fm /96 fm/ newstalk/county sound/ 4 fm busy bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terrier2023

treat his show as comedy then its fun some of his callers are priceless !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Imo niall boylan is a far superior interviewer than nearly all rte talk show hosts but suppose too conservative to every get promoted to their ranks. he is impressive handling difficult callers when on an important subject

So is it 4 hours of Trina Mara now, or is there a different presenter between 12 and 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bannedboyband

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bannedboyband

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

Yeah 4 hours of Trina now, real shame cutting Niall in the afternoon was a great alternative daytime talk show that wasn't afraid to highlight other views to the RTE narrative.

How depressing that Niall is replaced by more Trina Mara vocetracking.(she's already on air 7 days a week) If they were launching an new lunchtime show with Barry Lang or Gareth O'Callaghan or something I'd understand but not this bloody soulless rubbish

4 Hours of Voice tracking during prime time morning and afternoon radio, Not sure if that will work to be totally honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Leilak

Exactly the same happened to Adrian and Jeremy on 98, they were replaced with a full music schedule, now 4fm are taking the same approach

Advertisement