Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW27 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 08-03-2023 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭

2FT this week, plan is Nketiah/Ake to Toney/Mings as have the exact funds for it. Allows me get Saka in for Salah then next week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Only the one free for me, so I think I'll roll and be better equipped to deal with the blanks in 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not sure what to do at all 🤔

I really want to get rid of Felix but don't have the funds for Toney....

So I could bank and hope that Felix somehow does something to limit Toney killing my rank....

Or the only other viable option I can see if Toney in for Felix and Shaw out for Botman or someone that has a game in GW28.

That would leave me with 8 for GW28 🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is either March or McAllister in for Martinelli worth a -4? Looking at Mitoma in as my dead end free transfer before WC28 wildcard, but I’m not sure if I can make up 4 points this week alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,189 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Really thinking of Kane out for Toney now.

Spurs just do not look good at all. Kane is fairly consistent in his returns, but never returns really more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭macraignil

That sounds like a tough call alright. With Brighton's good fixtures there is a good chance the hit could work out and with the extra game they have in GW27 it is more like a -2 than a -4. Still a risk though with Martinelli's recent form as he could get more than the replacement in just his one game.

Already used my free transfer to bring in Jensen for Mahrez to bring me up to three players with a double GW27 and add another player for the blank GW28 where another free transfer next week could bring me up to 10 potentially playing which I think is OK as lots of teams may be down a few players. Taking my first hit last week to bring in Zinchenko and Mbeumo backfired in the first week since it meant benching Kilman with his 7points but the aim was to set me up better for GW28 and a possible bench boost in GW29 so it may work out to have been worthwhile yet. Would have been much better off working out a way to get in Toney but think its too late for me to go that direction now.

• Advertisement

Is Martinelli your only Arsenal MID? In order of keeping Arsenal midfielders, I would Keep 1) Saka, 2) Martinelli, 3) Odegaard.

It's worth nothing that Fulham will be missing Paulinha again this GW, which means they will be weaker in midfield.

I have Saka aswell. Yeah I’m aware of the Palhinha thing, and yet I still feel that these lads in 2 games might have more potential over the course of one week. I’m not 100% sure on it though. At a free transfer I definitely would. With a 4 point hit I think it’s a borderline call.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

I’d leave that off I think. 4 points is a lot in just 1 game week even with the extra fixture.

You might be right. I’ll be holding off on transfers at all, now that there’s talk about the weather in Leeds being potentially the worst this weekend.

Dont believe for a second that the game will be off, but i still probably won’t chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Seeing snow on the Everton training ground this morning so leaving transfers as late as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Bring in a brentford defender who plays double this week and has a game next week.

Honestly, it’s the only approach. Even a 10% chance of postponement would be worth holding off for.

Arsenal played a strong 11 tonight in the EL. Stronger than usual anyways as they usually rotated more in the group stage. But the knockouts proper are different so it's understandable.

Odegaard didn't tog out so he should be rested and fine. Martinelli & Saka both played 90.

Did Arteta say anything about the fitness of Trossard & Nkeitah? Wouldn't mind a helping hand in my decision Mikel!

The word was that Odegaard didn't feature due to illness, but certainly no suggestion that it would be something that would affect him for Sunday

Gonna bring in Toney and captain him.

Now just have to choose who to sacrifice - Haaland or Kane.

Spurs are terrible and not scoring goals. Kane playing too deep because of the lack of creative midfielders. Has penalties. Forrest are terrible away from home and even lost 4-0 to West Ham last week. Kane doesn't go higher than one return usually though. Will probably play 90 mins.

Haaland is playing in an attacking team and can explode. He can easily get a hat trick, even if he has reduced minutes. Not guaranteed penalties.

Nunez - I want a Liverpool attacker for this game. Inconsistent yet still returning of late. Capable of exploding IMO, although last week could have been that week he was threatening for a while. Not on pens and we don't know if he will ever be near them. Small rotation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

BB active - get it out of the way. Looked at FPL.team for GW29 and bench is similar. At least now it looks like my bench is fit and should hopefully all start. Come GW29 - you don't know. And at least now I can start downgrading my bench also. Cap on Mac10 as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Brought in MacAllister and Toney for Salah and Watkins. Probably madness getting rid of Salah after last week but with 12.30 kick off I’m hoping Liverpool might be back to struggling against lesser teams. Plan is to get Watkins back in next week for Haaland when he’ll have 3 games vs Haalands 1 in GW28/29. Think I’ll captain MacAllister.

Have a gut feeling to risk playing Martinelli over Saka today? Would that be madness?

My conclusion is that Raya is not worth a -4 for Kepa. Seeking reassurances that this is sensible rather than conservative

Im wildcarding after the deadline to add

Sensible I think. Brentford with 2 away games mightn’t even keep a clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Did you play Martinelli in the end? Looks like he'll play up top as Nketiah, Trossard and Jesus are all out

• Advertisement

Yeah I did. Had a bit of a wobble at 10.59 but stuck with it. I’m 1st in my mini league but the lad in 2nd forgot to change his team which means he still has Saka captain so I’m really hoping this works out for me or I could lose a lot of my lead!

Advertisement