Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EID Tag reader, Heard/Flock watch

Options
  • 08-03-2023 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My self and my Father are hobby farming running about 80 ewes and growing year on year. I want to look into getting set up with an EID Reader and the Flock watch (Herd Watch app)

Does anyone else use this kind of system? Seems horrid handy for keeping track of the whole thing as making notepads on the phone is quite annoying.

Also, If anyone know's where I can get an EID reader that would be much appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭White Clover

I'm interested in this too. I have flockwatch and an easy weigh 7i clock.

What do i need and what's best to get them to talk to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

i have flockwatch and a simple tag reader that I bought from Herdwatch, but imo I wouldn’t get it again. Better off putting the money towards a proper tag reader.

as for flockwatch it’s very good. Put in the info as you do dosing etc and it all falls into place then

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭LynchyBai

Aye I was in contact with them today, There is 3 different ones they seem offer. The "All flex LPR" and both the "Agri Dent AWR 250 & 300". Quoted me about €500 for the AWR 250. Seem the right job though, Very handy to put say dose given and start scanning the ones that got dosed as ur doing it. Straight into the system then like you said. Not sure I can do that with the all flex one.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jd310

I’ve the AWR 300 without a doubt a great job, I just use it for reading tags don’t have it matched up to any devices for recording. Only fault I have with it is once you create a group and finish with the group you can’t go back into it to add more sheep on you’d have to create a new group.

Advertisement