Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilfa Classic experiences

Options
  • 08-03-2023 11:15am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was in Sweden recently and the place I stayed had a Wilfa Classic.

I have a Wilfa grinder at home but generally have made my cofee using various pour-over methods.

The Wilfa Classic impressed me, there's a lot to be said for getting up in the morning and having it all pre-prepped and just pushing a button and it's brewing your coffee without any assistance.

Ordered one from Crema Shop EU and much to my disgust the glass jug part appears to have cracked (near the handle) completely on its own, just from sitting on the hot plate.

I've been reading around and it seems the jugs do break (although people usually report it happening during washing, a bit like a wine glass), and people also report that they think the hot plates run a little too hot.

I've looked at the hot plate and it is pretty hot, in general I'm aware the heating element of the Wilfa is considered pretty aggressive, part of why it can brew quickly. But I would have thought the jug, being tempered glass, should not crack anyway. The fact that it cracked around the handle makes me wonder was the top part and handle screwed too tightly to the body during manufacturing and that was why it failed.

I've looked for a replacement part but a little concerned that this is going to be a repeat problem.

Anyone else got one?

Advertisement