Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Parking Space Query - Advise Please!

Options
  • 07-03-2023 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have sale agreed on an investment property in Dublin city and progressing towards signing the contract. There are 50 apartments in the block with 50 car park spaces, The apartment which I am looking to buy has a parking space in use but it is not mentioned on the lease or map.

This is the response from Vendor Solicitor for the query raised on Car Park Space,

We would refer you to the terms of the lease. Whilst it appears from the document that no car 

parking space was demised to our client, we are instructed by our client that the apartment has 

the use of Car Parking Space xx

When enquired with the Management company about this and they mentioned in an email that the Car Space Number xx has assigned to the current owner of the apartment. My Solicitor said that there is risk assosiated with it but it's my call to proceed with the purchase or not. He has verified all other documents and ok'd it.

My Question - Is it a big risk not to have the car space on the lease? Should I walk away from the purchase of the apartment due to this reason?

Is there any way for the vendor to amend the lease and add the car space to it? Or perhaps get a letter from the Management company confirming the car space? What are the other options which would mitigate this risk?

Your advise would be very helpful for me to decide a go or No go.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Can you give an explanation? Or is it just a throwaway remark based on nothing wahtsoever

For the OP

The OMC is legally bound to the development and therefore if they give you assurance in writing, you can depend on that.

In many apartment blocks there is no specific space assigned to an apartment, a space is "available" to each owner and these spaces are assigned by the OMC.

Remember, as an owner you are part of the OMC.

Once the OMC has provided in writing that there is an assigned parking to the apartment, I'd be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Varatha

Thanks a mil for your response. I will ask the EA to get a letter from the Management company confirming the car space.

Advertisement