Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You'll hear from my solicitor

Options
  • 07-03-2023 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭

I recently had a back and forth on Twitter with someone and I happened to say I think they are not really doing the job they say they do for a living. They said that this is defamatory and that I'd be hearing from their solicitor.

Now, to me it seemed like a fairly mild thing to say even if it is wrong, but my question is, how worried would you be about a threat like that? Would the fear of a letter keep you up at night or would you just go about your day? The person isn't famous and neither of us have a big following on Twitter or anything. For the sake of peace and quiet I deleted the tweet and blocked them, fwiw.

Comments

Advertisement