Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 285

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

no spoilers obviously but amazed there wasnt more interest on here for last nights card considering the GOAT was fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, I watched the whole card. I visited the forum just as the main card was starting and no activity whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So, I presume everybody agrees there's no argument now about who is the GOAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Same as that, first card I stayed up for in ages but there wasn’t even a thread started for it here. Jones absolutely is the GOAT and I’m delighted for Grasso too, not that I dislike Valentina in the least bit but it’s nice to see an upset.

It was probably the most stacked card in months and yet by 2010s standards, it would’ve been absolutely mediocre in terms of name power.

The product is just so heavily diluted now that it’s very hard to get excited for most UFC cards. You have main events at the Apex that would be barely good enough for prelims on an older fight night card.

If they scrapped every single Apex event and didn’t replace them, the product would instantly improve tenfold.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gane offered nothing. He did not want to be there. No passion or desire. His body-language was so passive and negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

They can't though. They basically made a Faustian bargain with ESPN to put on certain number of events every year. That's why they have so many crappy events in the Apex stuffed with Contender Series graduates (and also why, in the last few series of the Contender Series, the bar for winning a contract has been so much lower).

It's the sporting equivalent of Netflix churning out loads of mediocre shows just to keep their content pipeline full.

Man vs boy to be fair. Gane has only been at MMA for about 6 years. Jones was beating hall of famers 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Grasso and Schevchenko was like Nunes and Pena all over again, I couldn't believe it. The way she backpacked her in the blink of an eye was incredible, you could tell they had drilled that a lot.

Good card overall though.

Valentina throws that kick a lot when shes getting backed up near the fence. Yeah very well drilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There’s a video of Grasso drilling the back take. Pretty dumb kick to throw when being pressured like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It amazes me that some of you will take the time to post to complain theres no thread for an event, but wont take the 2 seconds to create one instead. 

You all know not to post in the general chat..just set up a thread instead of expecting someone to just to do it if you are going to post.

Advertisement