Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Neuron 5 or 6 - sizing

Options
  • 07-03-2023 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, yet another Canyon sizing thread...

Height 179cm, inseam 87cm

I've currently got a hardtail Trek X-Calibre 8 in XL. In theory this is too big for me and I should be an L, I got it cos it was the only size left at the time and felt really comfortable to ride and have no regrets since about the sizing at all.

Now after getting more into the dark side and several long distance cross country rides I'm looking to move to full sus. Have had multiple Canyon road bikes and still running 2 of them and the Trek was a cheapish MTB dipping a toe into it. If I am to buy a better mtb would prefer to go Canyon again.

So the Neuron 5 or 6 is pretty much the only one in my price range, for a frame that will do both reasonable downhill and more importantly long cross country trails (multi day rides and the like)

Canyon says M for this but I know all Canyon sizing can be a bit weird and special and given how comfortable the larger size of the Trek is, plus I run my Ultimate road bike is also a size larger. A lot of the Trek L and XL measurements match the Canyon L sizing.

Anyone have one and have any feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PJ_RS1800

I'm exactly same height as yourself with 78cm inseam.

Ride a Medium Canyon Lux, sizing is spot on for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Canyonero

I'm a similar size and have a medium Neuron 7. Love the bike.

Advertisement