Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any experience with Motor Corp Finglas?

• 06-03-2023 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience with Motor Corp?

Are they around long? Seem to have nice fairly high end stuff but viewing is by appointment only.

Edit - should have said viewing on my own so slightly nervous if its just heading to a warehouse somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭User1998

They’ve been in business a few years and seem to have good reviews. It is a warehouse setup as far as I’m aware but that shouldn’t put you off. Its no different to a glass showroom

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebeccaM90

Bunch of cow boys. Stay away!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Always seem to have tasty stock and they are around a few years.

Don't know what they are like to deal with but pricing seems keen enough usually.

Wasn’t great from start to finish. Car wasn’t checked over and dangerous to drive. Customer service wasn’t great but got worse after we encountered problems. If you’re buying make sure you bring a mechanic with you to check everything over as they import these cars from UK and tell you everything is perfect when it’s far from. Also they don’t adhere to any laws regarding the 2022 Consumer Act. Just a warning based on my own experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭goochy

Don’t think a mechanic will be able to spot much on cars so recent

What car did you buy?

Their stock doesn't strike me as being in the dodgy dealer category where its out the door and forget about it.

Not doubting you just thinking maybe they have upped their game since..... or maybe not.

I don’t know it’s not exactly beshoff motors , I am very weary of places that just open up over night and have loads of flashy stuff . There is no about us section saying people behind it previously worked in main dealers like with James Hennessy motors or Hartford or crinagans

We bought a BMW, used all of our savings and bought it outright! Very disheartening, this is my experience, not sayings it’s everyone’s. Our last car was from Beshoffs in Baldoyle, we bought an Audi, unbelievable car and service, I’m just kicking myself we didn’t go back.

These comments are only to make people aware of my situation and to buy with caution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

hhhhmm, quiet interesting and somewhat off-putting to hear an extremely negative review. They have an EV car that I'm interested in, price is good.

• Advertisement

Link? Probably still has manufacturers warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Mate just bought a car off them, couldn't recommend them high enough. Said great to deal with and the car is pristine.

Had an issue with the cable(plug in) but they sorted quick smart on it.

So based on what he said they are good to deal with and the car is perfect....

As always do plenty of checks, as I said earlier in thread they are not a,well known dealer . Camerons . Crinagans and beshoffs are all dealers where the people behind them are well known and established

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amyh24

Hi Rebecca, what was the problem with the car and did you get it sorted? ... ive just threatened them with the consumer act 2022 also!

Looked at a car at Motorcorp recently.

Car Looked good, stock looked fantastic. 90 percent plug in hybrid.

I didn't buy in the end as the warranty was via car protect or Mapfre and wasn't comfortable re cover that would be provided but overall I'd say they are reputable. They are dealing in high end stuff.

I wouldn’t imagine theres any garages in the country giving in house warranties for high end cars tho? Apart from main dealers obviously

Advertisement