Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invoicing a company outside the state

Options
  • 06-03-2023 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All

We own an irish company and are wondering about invoicing a) A Dutch company for a service and b) A UK company also for a service?

I assume in both cases VAT charge to client is zero as it would be paid in their home country?

But We should keep a record of clients VAT number?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭ThreeGreens

What type of service is also relevant. There are different rules for different types of services.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Husq430x

Thank you for your reply. This is a surveying and consultancy engineering service carried out in Ireland for these companies.

I did ask the accountant but it will cost me €200 +VAT per hour to find out. Which is understandable if its a complicated answer?

Just checking first as invoice amounts are not substantial.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Your accountant wants €200 plus VAT per hour for what should take them less than 5 minutes to explain in an email? I'd be questioning the fees they're charging!

Advertisement