Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan & March 2023 - so grey....???

Options
  • 06-03-2023 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭

i'm in Cork - Jan was sooo grey and March so far is much the same.. just grey - its tough going.. like - no breakthrough of sunlight - some days - just endless grey..

I don't recall it being like this other years.. or is it just me?

NOTE: talking about Cork as weather varies across the country

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭donal.hunt

Agree. The weather has been quite boring here in Cork recently. Very dry too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Wow, how we all differ! I absolutely love the grey, still, dry weather. Would you guys really prefer the constant wind and rain? I'm in Kerry, the wettest and probably also windiest county in Ireland so I just don't know myself with this fabulous prolonged dry spell. As for grey, it's all about shades, the grey at the moment is allowing plenty of light and visibility, perfect for mountain walking. Lovely weather, imo, for early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Hardly very grey today. Blue skies, bright sunshine and dry air. There have been a few decent days in fairness and generally great weather for getting outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

i actually think a little variation would be ok - I don't mind a little rain and or wind when its mixed up with some sunlight - even just a little.. variety is key... its the constant grey thats a killer for me - Jan was just GREYYYYYYY here - no light at all.. gawd it was depressing.. Feb was ok - variation - some good light - hence the month flew for me.. Jan felt like 3 mths in one... March has been more GREY with the exception of some sunlight yday and a good bit today - v v much welcomed - lets see what the rest of the month brings after this cold spell this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'd actually prefer sunshine and showers... at least a belt of rain comes through and theres generally sun after it. This Jan/Feb/Mar has been particularly dull... we went a full week without any sunshine of any description and have had only a handful of those lovely crisp winter days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

agree, it’s a grey fest here in south Laois today and jan 22 was the dullest, greyist, most boring weather I can remember ever. A month of meh grey weather. It is depressing, I love to see the blue sky even if it’s cloud filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Did not notice it.... Just live within it as nothing we can do about it. Plenty to think about with what we CAN change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement