Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceiling Mounted Projector

Options
  • 05-03-2023 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about a ceiling mounted projector for occasional use - sports, movies. Streamed vis chromecast. I can research makes/models/specs on projectors. But wonder what my budget should be to get a half decent one....projecting onto a screen about 3.5 metres away. I'd welcome any suggestions.

The main question I have is on overall setup for source/sound. I have an unused sound bar with sub. It has Bluetooth. Would it be possible to plug a firestick into the projector and connect to the soundbar via Bluetooth?

Otherwise I'm told to wire 8k fibre hdmi cable from projector to wherever/whatever my source and or amp/speaker solution is.

This is only going to be for occasional use, slight folly - I have a wired 5.1 system elsewhere. So if it was possible to keep it simple/cheap initially and re use the soundbar, not need an amp, it would be great.

Comments

Advertisement