Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate on tree cutting

Options
  • 05-03-2023 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi I have trees at side of my house that have got v tall so want to cut them back. I have some one coming Friday but have no idea how much this should roughly cos so when he gives a quote don't know if fair or not... would anyone be able advise ..roughly....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Difficult because it depends on so many variables. How high are the trees, how many are there, what type are they, how near are buildings/walls and fences/road/phone and power wires. Is this a row of very tall trees or just an overgrown hedge? What is to happen to the timber/trimmings. Are the tree cutters professionals with proper insurance and equipment.

Without knowing all the info in detail its impossible to give you even a guess, and even with the information there might be other circumstances that we don't know about that could make a significant difference to the price. A wild guess based on two men and equipment and insurance for half a day could come in at around 500, but that could be miles out.

Advertisement