Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 availability of extra-wide wooden plank flooring

Options
  • 05-03-2023 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

I am renovating an old 1800s house and I wanted to use extra-wide >300mm wide planks of hardwood or engineered flooring. I am having trouble sourcing this in the domestic market.

Does anybody have any experience or war stories of importing this from Europe or beyond?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Like this?

https://www.dinesen.com/en/products/plank-floors/oak/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Thanks for the link, this is very interesting but from the wrong end of Europe. I was hoping for Slovakia rather than Denmark. At €400+ per square meter, this isn't really doable for a 30sqm room (€12k and would still require finishing).

I was hoping to find engineered flooring at around €100/sqm at those widths in eastern europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

€220 is the classic grade and shorter lengths.

If you are only looking for 30sqm, I can’t imagine you’ll save much shipping from Eastern Europe by the time you transport it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Thanks. I have several more rooms, but yeah point taken.

Advertisement