Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking precise text of a poem used in Leaving Cert Examination in 1988

Options
  • 05-03-2023 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Mairin de Barra - this poem was on the Leaving Cert Course in 1988. I don't have the book anymore. I have looked on the internet and the texts I see there have differences with the poem that I learned. Has anyone here got a copy of the version I am seeking? Or can you advise me where I might get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

A Mhairín de Barra is do marbh tú mintinn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Try your old school. If there is an Irish teacher in their 50s there, they should have the book. Teachers are very bad at throwing out books. Otherwise, if you can remember the title of the book you used, post it here and I will ask an ex-colleague.

Advertisement