Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EZVIZ Video Doorbell & Garo 8VA Transformer

Options
  • 03-03-2023 10:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've recently been given a EZVIZ DB1 Pro wired video doorbell. The Power Supply requirment is AC 16V - 24V. I have a Byron 771 mechanical chime which is compatible with the video doorbell and the whole installation is meant to be relatively straightforward.

However I just want to be sure that my current bell transformer can provide sufficent power. There is a Garo 8VA Bell Transformer installed on the fuseboard, which appears to be rated at 8V but can deliver secondary voltages of 8V, 12V & 24V.

Will this power the EZVIZ, or will I need to get an electrican out to install a new transformer?

Thanks!

Post edited by Sierra Oscar on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

As you can see on the front of the device the wiring is different depending on required voltage.

First cable remains in slot 1 at all times. For 8v, cable 1 into slot 1 and cable 2 into slot 2. For 12v, its cable 1 into slot 1 and cable 2 into slot 3. And obviously for 24v it's cable 1 slot 1 and cable 2 slot 4.

You may be able to see what's its wired for at the moment and go from there, but I would advise pumping 24v into a 12v device.

If it's not wired for the voltage you need at the moment I'd get an electrician to do it as it's on the main board and it's fairly easy to hit a live somewhere.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Thanks, I should be able to ask the developer what way it has been wired and go from there. If it's not wired correctly I'll get an electrican to have a look at it (they might just wire the whole thing up for me!)

So you reckon the best best would be to get it wired up as 24v?

The Byron 771 mechanical chime is designed to work off 8v - 12v according to its datasheet. Is this going to cause an issue do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

If it's coming from the same transformer then you'll have an issue. You might be able to run 2 voltages at the same time but you'd need to ask an electrician.

Advertisement