Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outline planning

Options
  • 03-03-2023 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

I am trying to sell a site without planning and it hasn't had much interest.

I am considering looking for outline planning. What cost would be involved and would it add much value to site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Cost would vary a lot depending on several factors. Location (urban or rural), which county/region you'r located in, who you engage - architect/engineer/technician etc but expect to pay €1500 min and up to €3000 or possibly more.

The answer to the second question is yes, it would increase the value substantially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭phormium

A 'site' without planning is a field, it would definitely add value and get some interest to get planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks ,I presume need to get percolation and pay engineers fees.How long is process yo actually get outline planning?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

If you're down my way, the person buying it would have to be from the area for the permission to transfer. So said a lad in the council to me when I was trying miserably to sell a site. I still have it.

Yes, if site is not served by main sewer then a site assessment will be required to determine its suitability for a waste water treatment system. If all is straight forward with the planning application you would get a decision (hopefully to grant permission) out in 2 months but then the final grant takes another month before it is issued.

• Advertisement

Rural housing policies apply all over the country. Some County Councils are more strict than others though and these policies do limit the number of people who would be interested in buying the site. In a nutshell its rural sites for rural people

Advertisement