Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodaphone Issues

Options
  • 03-03-2023 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

What's going on in Vodaphone?

I just renewed my 1 year contract in February for 30 euro a month for broadband for 12 month contract.

Today I got a text.

Contract Notification: As per your contract for Vodafone Home services [SNIP] from 1st April 2023, your annual price adjustment will take effect. The adjustment this year, allowing for changes in the Consumer Price Index rate and ongoing investments we make in our fixed network, products, and services, means your monthly plan price charge will increase by a total of 11.2%. The adjustment is calculated based on your monthly price plan charge excluding any discounts .

What's going on?

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

A price increase is going on. And it's a Vodafone, not Vodaphone.

Post edited by L1011 on

This was flagged when you signed up. You just chose to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭jos22

same here, the 30euro recontract offer will now be 37Euro from April. side not prob should removed your account no from your post

just bad timing

signed up, upgraded, or re-contracted from January 31 this year to February 28, 2023, and get connected during that period of time.

seems if we renewed in march it would not have being applied

if a customer completes their contract period in the coming months and recommits to a new contract, they will go back to the standard price,” Vodafone said.

if you had being with Eir it would also had being applied at lower rate of 8% not sure what month Eir applies their annual increase

I signed up in Jan last year, new customer and got the increase in April, after contesting it they removed it for the rest of the year.

Post edited by L1011 on

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gundry

I told them to stuff it and I was cancelling my contract.They agreed 30 euro a month,no increase.

Good to hear, once mine goes up I will complain to get it reduced back to the 30, if they had planned a price increase they shouldn't have offered a 30euro 12 month contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

They're all at this CPI plus 3% lark. It'll be like the gas and electric now, will need to switch Broadband every year and/or haggle with them. If you do nothing it'll just keep going up.

first year I switch to Vodafone from eir they tried to increase it before I complained and they put it back down to the price I agreed to at time of contract.

So will do the same again if need be

Ok got my price increase today, went to 40E up from 30E made contact with them and they agreed to honor the 30E contract price for the duration of my contract.

Advertisement