If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Who do I call for planning compliance and structural safety surveys?

  • 03-03-2023 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

    I am a first time buyer of a second house and as this house has a large extension.

    My main concerns are:

    1. it has planning permission compliance and is the same as the actual ground.

    2. It does not affect the structural safety.

    I would like to know if I should get a survey from both a chartered building surveyor and a chartered structural engineer?

    Or should one of them carry out all the survey work.

    This is because the usual pre-purchase survey report is provided by a chartered building surveyor, but they are not qualified to carry out structural surveys and the report only checks for structural defects.

    Thank you in advance for your answer.