Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping a subject in Leaving cert

Options
  • 02-03-2023 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello there

Right now, I am doing 8 subjects for LC. I just want to know that if i were to drop a subject now and ask for a withdrawal for my confirmed LC subjects, even if i already handed in the project of that subject, will there be any consequences or effects towards my Leaving Cert?

Will it be taken off my list of subjects or will it appear as a fail or not graded on my Leaving Cert?

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Apologies for the delay in answering this. If there are marks already submitted to Athlone they will appear as your grade. If your project was worth 20% that is the maximum percentage you can get.

It may be possible for your examinations secretary to remove the subject from your selection, but get them to check and double check with Athlone that it has been done. Having marks in the system makes a subject entry a bit more difficult to remove, for obvious reasons.

Advertisement