Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of setting a lawn

Options
  • 02-03-2023 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi there

Any idea of the cost of resetting a lawn? Rushes hard ground. 3000m2 Prob need 3 to 4 truck loads of topsoil.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

Im not a landscaper but i got my lawn of 1000 m2 done a few years ago. My lawn had a level difference so had to get topsoil to create a slope for a ride on to go between the 2 levels.

Cost us 2000 euro, 1000 for 4 loads of screened topsoil and 1000 for the landscraper. The landscaper spread the topsoil, leveled it, used a stone burier, and then sowed and fertilised the seed.

I did save a bit of money by doing some work myself. I sprayed off the grass, borrowed a neighbor's tractor and grubber to break up the surface, hired a petrol rotavator etc. I also spent a lot of time collecting and removing a lot of rocks and large stones from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ttnov77

Any particular reason for lawn?

Advertisement