Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not happy with Garden Layout, what can I do?

Options
  • 02-03-2023 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey all,

we bought a house off plans, but we didn't notice until after closing the deal that the garden was "not aligned" (as picture shows), I know is a stupid thing but it really bothers me and the wife, just in terms of laws, architecture or even carpentry, is there any solution to minimize this?

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wildwillow

If you mean it’s not a perfect rectangle it shouldn’t be a problem. Do you really want everything in straight lines.

Once it is planted properly the boundary lines will disappear. A garden, no matter how small, should have some interesting shapes and curves. Use some taller foliage plants to distract the eye.

When putting in a structure, patio or shed etc. line it up with one side and use planting to soften the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 justluh

yeah, we are not happy that is not a perfect rectangle, when we look from the upper bedroom window, it hurts the eyes hahaha

I wish I could make a deal with my neighbour and we re-plant the fences haha

• Registered Users Posts: 49 d mc

Ask them. Maybe they're unhappy with the unshapely layout of their garden too....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

thus making your garden bigger and his smaller? Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Build a fence as shown: your garden will be rectangular again.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Kurooi

Put some tall evergreen shrubs on the blue and planter beds or more shrubs and/or climbing plants on the green, keeping it to straight line you'd otherwise want to have a fence at. It will look square and waste no space. Cover up a wall too.

Don't renegotiate wall boundaries with your neighbor you're walking into legal territory.

Advertisement