Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garden room recommendation

• 28-02-2023 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I’m looking at getting a garden room and hopefully move my office out there to free up some space.

does anyone have any recommendations on companies who would design and supply one?

i know there is the steel tech shed option but I would like to see if there are other options that people could vouch for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,665 ✭✭✭✭phog

I know very little of stuff like this but I'd be cautious of steel sheds unless the insulation is done correctly as it will cause condensation and a possible drop down on the inside.

There seems to be stuff like this on display on the left side of the dock road coming in towards town it might be worth a visit there to see what's available, get ideas and compare costs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I got one from Shanette, moving in tomorrow. 80mm insulation, got it slabbed, plastered, painted in, laminate flooring, skirting boards.

Just need to decide on colour for back wall, get a rad & few pics on the walls.

The space to the left will be a veranda area with composite decking in front.

Very happy with Shanette, heard positive things about Steeltech as well.

If your budget is significantly larger, you can get a more stylist/bespoke one from other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

There's a thread here that might answer some possible questions you might have.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058250061/garden-office-a-few-questions/p1

Advertisement