Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest Rates & Fixing Tracker Mortgage

Options
  • 28-02-2023 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone tell me if that think I should fix my tracker mortgage (ECB + .95%)?

Will rates drop in the next year or two?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

How long have you left?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lebigmacncheese

20 years

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Similar to myself so, I am staying put as had benefit of if for most of the term so far. I don't believe it will stay at it's current level for longer than 2 years and then it should drop back, probably not back to it's lowest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

With 20 years left and having a 0.95% tracker you would be mad to give it up as you would have about 15 years of being at the mercy of what rates your bank will charge after the fixed rate ends.

You may be paying a bit extra for another year / year and a half, but remember when rates start dropping, the tracker rate drops immediately

Advertisement