Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CCTV on street?

• 27-02-2023 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭

hi folks, I was involved in an incident the other night - Lapps Quay Cork City.. would love to see what happened exactly.. KBC and some other buildings are on that stretch - wondering if there would be CCTV I could look at? or if someone could review to see what happened exactly.. I was knocked down but it was an accident - but I got one hell of a shock and thankfully not injured (backpack saved me)

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Surely the Gards are your port of call there and report it. I couldn't imagine you would allowed any access to cctv footage under any circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

You can obtain any CCTV recordings in which you appear from KBC and the other businesses in the area.

You could approach them informally in the first instance and see will they show you the recordings, if not the procedure is you make a data subject access request for copies which can be supplied as video or stills.

Strictly speaking any identifying information relating to any third party on the image should be blurred out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Banks are not going to share CCTV with **you**. Under warrant, they will share it with the Garda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The banks have to give the o/p any cctv in which they hold his image, which is personal data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

But they would have to blur out anyone else personal data, so it the OP wanted (for example) to identify the cause of his accident, the video might not help.

Also his "data subject access request" might have to be specific, asking for any video in March in which they featured might be consider unreasonable, so their request would have to be very time specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,449 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

In general, businesses shouldn’t have CCTV recording what happens on the street. If they do, there should be clear signage.

Advertisement