Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap card multiple fares with Bus Eireann?

Options
  • 27-02-2023 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have searched boards and elsewhere and can't find an answer to this one.

When travelling on bus eireann with two kids (It's a town service, which does accept Leap cards), can I simply show the driver my leap card and have my fare and the two child fares deducted from the balance?

Or do I need separate leap cards for each child?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

On Bus Eireann you need separate child Leap card for each of the kids! If you don't then the driver will charge a full adult ticket for each of the kids!

Some drivers might just wave the kids on for free, but it is 50/50 IME.

And yes, this is all incredibly stupid. On Dublin Bus you can pay for child tickets with an adult Leap card, but the implementation of Leap on BE is EXTREMELY poor.

Advertisement