Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car insurance through chill - NCD number discrepancy?

Options
  • 27-02-2023 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

i recently got my renewal letter from chill, they want 750 euros, when last year it was 650.

one quick quote later from liberty i get a quote of 450. so i do that and enter that i have a NCD of 9 years in ireland

i assume liberty will want me to send in a proof for that eventually. but when i check the letter chill send me, it says "Number of year’s claims free on this

policy: 1 years"

at the same time, one line below that it says: "No Claim’s Bonus Discount: 59% / €825.49, representing Stage 9 on our discount scale."

whats up with that? i have never filed a claim in the 9 years i'm driving in ireland (or the 10 before outside of ireland for that matter).

is the 1 year because the insurer through chill changed? last year it has another name on it and also only says 3 years and i believe it was that particular company for at least 3 years. but the "stage" number fits the years of NCD i have.

Advertisement