Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoom - How to change acceptance email reply address?

Options
  • 27-02-2023 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

I am sending out Zoom meeting schedules and links via my main email address.

But, those receiving these are replying with their acceptance via an email address I hardly ever use.

How can I change settings in Zoom so that they reply to the main email address I am sending the invitations through?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What account you signed-in in zoom? is that the intended "main" account?

What is your default mail address on your mail client (outlook)? is that the intended "main" account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

The email address I use to login to Zoom online and to send invitations to meetings is the default email address in Outlook.

The email address that invitees are accepting invitations with is one I rarely use. I have no idea how this happened.

I presume there's some setting in Zoom which would allow me to change this back to my default Outlook email. But, I can't find anything on this.

Thanks.

D.

Correction:

By default, the email address I want to change appears as the default email address in the Outlook/Zoom invitation dialog.

I choose the correct email address from the drop menu and then send it. But, (and I've just sent a test to another of my email addresses to confirm this) it arrives to the invitee from the email address I want to change. So, of course when they click Reply, it comes back to that address.

So, can I change this Zoom invitation default email address from within Outlook?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dolgoipa

You should receive a confirmation email

Thanks.

Yes, when I set up a test meeting just now, I selected my default email address from the dropdown menu in the Zoom invitation dialog.

But, the email still went via the address I want to change.

The invitation was in the Inbox of a third email address, as expected, and replying to it would have replied to the address I no longer want to be the Zoom default address.

So, how to change that default Zoom email?

D

Ps. And when I delete the fake test meetings I've set up, the confirmation of the cancellation comes to the correct email address. Go figure! 🤨

• Advertisement

Within zoom app , there is setting "send from default..." so it does as your outlook is set . Outlook default account is the one you add first in outlook profile. If changing that in zoom is no help then...

You can

Go to outlook>>File>>Account settings>>Account settings. Select the "main" account, click "Set as default"

Restart outlook or even PC for good measure

Note: This will be your "Default" from now on for all applications that "sit on top and use" outlook for mailing purpose

other option is to rebuild outlook profile and load "main" account first

Yes, my main address is already top of the list and it is set as default. The default box is ticked and the email address has a tick mark next to it. Always been that way.

For what it's worth; there are five email addresses listed. All are IMAP except the one which is receiving the Zoom invitee acceptances. That one is Microsoft Exchange.

The rogue email address was third in the list. I've moved it to the bottom. Let's see if that makes a difference.

D.

For testing purposes, can you remove ms account from outlook?

Is that ms account used to sign in to Win itself or are you set with local account?

Win has build-in mail app - is that ms account signed there?

Within Win settings, what is set as default mail application - outlook or mail?

Ps.

Just noticed something...

I'd been creating meetings by opening Zoom from the taskbar and the clicking Schedule button. The wrong email address was appearing in the Schedule dialog.

If I click Schedule a Meeting from within Outlook, the correct email address appears in the dialog.

May solve my problem.

D.

There's only one account listed in the mail app and it's my default account in Outlook.

Since I can now default to the correct address by opening Zoom Schedule from within Outlook, rather than from within the Zoom app, I think I'd better leave well enough alone! :)

Thanks.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement