Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus change flight fee

Options
  • 26-02-2023 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi all

booking flights for May, i stupidly booked the evening flight home instead of the morning just there before I realised the error.

the price difference for the fare is 10 euro but Aer Lingus have a 40 euro flight change fee on top of that.

is there any way the change fee can be avoided ?

I’ve checked their cancelation policy and it seems bonkers that I could cancel for either free or be subject to a 12 euro admin fee

either way it doesn’t seem right to have a fee so high for changing dates especially when it’s soo far away

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

is there any way the change fee can be avoided ?

No

I’ve checked their cancelation policy and it seems bonkers that I could cancel for either free or be subject to a 12 euro admin fee

Unless you've booked an Advantage or AerSpace fare you are not able to get a refund. You can only get the government taxes back minus an admin fee.

either way it doesn’t seem right to have a fee so high for changing dates especially when it’s soo far away

This is standard practice on almost all airlines. If you want the flexibility to be able to change flight dates/times without a change fee you will have to purchase a much more expensive flexible fare. €40 is low compared to what some airlines charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Right, but if it’s free to cancel or at worst cheaper if I am deemed to be liable for the refund admin fee ( €12 ) then surely that doesn’t make much sense?

I could just cancel, get a refund and rebook. From a business process point of view it just doesn’t seem quite logical.

especially for a booking thats a) brand new and b) for a flight that’s ages away.

anyways I called up Aer Lingus customer support and after waiting quite some time yesterday evening she changed the flights, waived the charge and I just paid my tenner difference

worth the wait :-)

Advertisement