Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couriers for parcels in Ireland

Options
  • 26-02-2023 3:52pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭

DPD

An Post

UPS

Fastway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

I brought a desk online from a company in dublin that don't deliver.

I have been quoted hundreds of euro for delivery to Cork.

Anyone have an idea of the cheapest way to get it down to cork?

Is there anyway to jump in on a part load delivery?

Thnaks in advance for any advice

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Hey guys,

I have around 40 packages that I need to send all around Ireland.

They are about the same size as a book.

They weight 0.5kg each.

An post charged me €6.20 to post one.

Can anyone recommend a service that will come and collect the whole lot and deliver them around Ireland?

Thanks Guys

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

About the best you'll do is An Post. DPD etc would be more than that unless it is regular business.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Hi all,

Can someone recommend a trusted and reliable courier to safely transport 2x high expense laptops and a mobile phone back to my company office?

i've been working remotely for my dublin firm for 2 years now. I finish up tomorrow and I'm looking to courier back the laptops (x2) and mobile phone they'd given me next week.

There is no one in the head office these days, and I've been told if I went down on my last day i'd just be handing them over to a receptionist *sigh* guess this is just how everything has sadly went with WFH.

it's about 2.5hrs drive minimum so i'd rather courier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DPD, Nightline/UPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Hello All, does anyone know what the best courier for shipping office chairs is?

I'm trying to get rid of my Herman Miller Aeron right now, but I can't find anything at the moment since my local courier won't ship them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

What size are they, are they in boxes or still fully assembled, where are you sending them, domestic or overseas?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Domestic

Full Assembled

Size B Aeron - so an above average office chair

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pat Cork

Hi all

I want to buy a few bits from below, on their online sites, what courier can I use that would be able to pick up the item for me, They would be laptop sized/ desktop computer sized items, and deliver to cork. The issue is I don't want to attend to collect the item, as I would have to travel all the way from Cork for it.

wilsonsauctions.com

Kingswood Interchange,

Exit 2 Naas Road, Dublin 22,

D22 X2T9

Irish Machinery Auctions

Junction 10 M7,

M7 Motor Park,

Naas,

Kildare

Thanks

Pat

• Advertisement

Keeping all the separate threads together

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Anyone know of how I could find a courier that would collect a bike from a store in Dublin and bring it to Roscommon?

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

Maybe try JTW transport? Haven't used them personally but have heard they're good, plus they have a depot in the retail park Centrepoint where Aldi and SportsDirect are, handy for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Thanks, I will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

I regularly used Parcel Motel for sending small locker sized boxes around Ireland.

The lockers were convenient for me to drop off items going for delivery.

Didn't have to drive miles to the Post Office during business hours.

It was hard to beat 6.50 also.

I never really looked at the alternatives.

Now that they're gone, what is the next best option for parcels, say up to 2kg within Ireland?

PH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

An post advantage card labels are probably best value.

If sending volume, an post or DPD.

Fastway are ok if low value and not fragile as they tend to drop over gates etc

Ups (nightlife) good for delivery to business, poor for delivery to homes

• Registered Users Posts: 53,852 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hi All.

So I want a courier to collect 2x sheets of wood from Dublin and deliver to me with the following dimensions

2440 x 1220mm thickness: 3.2

Can anyone recommend a courier?

I tried DPD but they've told me the dimensions are to big for them

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hopeless wanderor

Hi There,

I am looking for courier van/truck delivery service to pick up a worktop of size 9ft from Dublin and deliver to Athlone at doorstep.

Are there any services out there that can club multiple deliveries from different customers and deliver for a cheaper fees? I am on a very tight budget at the moment and do not want to end up paying more than the worktop itself.

I’ve merged your thread with the existing one on local couriers. I wouldn’t expect anyone to deliver it in good condition, it would require multiple handling at depots possibly. Wouldn’t be cheap anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rpirl

GLS are €8.00 for the smaller parcels

... but you have to use their 'Parcelshop' agents and it can sometimes take a couple of days for GLS to pick up the parcel from these places

• Advertisement
Advertisement