Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installer recommendation for HKC extension/replacement

Options
  • 26-02-2023 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I have a wired HKC system installed in my home (I believe it's an 1070, but not 100% sure). It was installed by one of the many vendors that operate in Dublin. It has a GSM module, so I've been using the HKC app for a while but I stopped paying the monthly contract.

My end goal is to have the "smart" features without being tied to the hkc app/monthly contracts, so I want to integrate my alarm system with Home Assistant.

I've seen several threads on this forum that recommend the konnected.io board, but I'd rather pay an installer to help me extend or replace the existing board.. I'm open to replace the board with something that plays nicer with external systems, provided I can reuse the existing wired HKC sensors.

I called several alarm vendors but they either want to put me back into a monthly contract or only work with standard HKC alarms and do not consider other vendors. There was only one guy who was open to work with other systems but he just couldn't commit to do any actual work.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations

Advertisement