Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll roads

Options
  • 26-02-2023 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Just a quick question. I rarely use my bike tbh however I recently brought it through the N4 toll in the Kilcock area.

The booth was un-manned so it just came up on the screen as the price of a car even though a motorbike should be far less.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Would it be possible to get a tag for the bike? If yes, could it be picked up through the breast pocket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The only company that doesn't charge a monthly fee is TollTag.ie. You have to have €20 of credit on your account and they charge 10% extra every time you use it.

It's easier to just press the button and tell them you are on a bike.

Edit..

They don't do tags for bikes.

I ride a motorcycle, can I get a tag?

Tag providers don’t supply tags for use by motorcyclists at toll plaza express lanes. Toll plaza operators have also advised that the express lanes are not designed for use by motorcycles. Due to this potential safety hazard, we do not recommend using a Toll Tag with a motorcycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭johnml

Thanks a million for this...... great to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I haven't went through one in ages with a barrier. I used to drive around them, especially when it's wet. Really should just make them free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Yes, you can get a tag for your bike: we have 5 Blood Bikes with them fitted, and some of our BBW members have tags on their personal bikes. They are just the standard car tag, nothing special.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Just go to an unmanned booth and drive around the barrier, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Miscreant

No longer any room on the unmanned booth barriers any more to do this. The barrier usually recesses into a slot to make sure there is no gap. At least that has been my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Do you get charged bike rates or car rates with the tag?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

Had to drive around it once or twice after the barrier not raising despite paying a car toll and no one answering the phone. Not sitting there on a motorway waiting to get plastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I've never paid a toll on the bike in all my life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement