Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension Costs

Options
  • 26-02-2023 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

So got single story extension plans based on the attached pics.

Green border is new build.

About to go to tender.

Any rough estimates of what I'm looking at?

As I get quotes I'll update.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Approx €88k with upvc windows.Kildare area , South Dublin approx €100k

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

Yeah id have thought about €100,000 minimum for such construction works, in todays climate

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Dylan97

We have just begun our extension after about 11 qoutes from builders.

Cheapest qoute was 60k for 32.5 swaure metres ( internal) in meath. We had mandatory prices up to 85k.

Also requested additional insulation and cavity so that brought it up to 60k.

Paying cash helps, ensure you get an engineers opinion or cert of compliance also

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Celtic74

@Dylan97 did you go ahead with extension and if so were you happy with work, currently looking for quotations myself for extension. Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Paying cash helps

🙄

Of course - no vat , no tax , everything is cheaper on the black economy . Regardless of engineers cert you’ve no legal comeback on the work when you pay cash .

Home owners cry about cowboys and then break the law and pay cash .And the argument of” not my responsibility if the builder doesn’t pay taxes “ doesn’t work , it’s the same as the builder saying not my responsibility if customer wants a cheap job done outside the legal parameters in place .

• Advertisement
Advertisement