Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Choice ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kurooi

1st one is a 1080p so that's a massive difference I hope you understand.

What sort of games do you play, and specs? If you're competitive on FPS/Moba you might want a high refresh rate (165-240 is good though!) otherwise 120-160 is good if you're playing strategy, RPG. Then I would steer towards 1440p monitors and better refresh rates if the machine can actually output that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

more suitable forum?

But - my take is if your PC is not a monster that can generate 360 fps - then 165 monitor is probably going be fine.

I don't think it will matter for movies - which usually under 30 and at absolute best 60hz - for movies Id consider a 2K or 4K monitor, with HDR over hz.

I definitely wouldn't be getting a 1080p (the Alienware 25") if you want to use it for desktop use - any thing with lots of text - like word documents or web - just too few vertical pixels.

There are good deals on Amazon for 2K Monitors with 144hz - under 200 euros.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

Could you please tell me what would be better for a gaming set up ( Set up is an Xbox one x a Playstation 4 and a PC ) Should I use a TV, a widescreen monitor or one of those monitors the size of a TV ??? Id be looking for 32" 42" I'm planning on upgrading my old PC. System is an Alienware Aurora R4 ALX from 2012. Plan on using an RTX card and maybe go with an AMD CPU to save some money because, I plan on building a new PC with an Intel CPU Putting the old PC in the box room of the house and will need the new one in my bedroom. I Need a AMD freesync display for the xbox one x and something good for PS4 even though it don't use Freesync but, I also need something for PC I heard that G-SYNC is the best of the two adaptive syncs. What would be the best choice ?

Advertisement