Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Echocardiogram & Cardiologist choice

• 24-02-2023 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

Not long term illness, or hopefully not illness at all, but someone here might point me in right direction please.

Did laya heartbeat check, all good but minor abnormality ecg- cardiologist recommended echocardiogram to rule out issues. ( Lesson learned-never look for problems!)

My own gp not too worried, but obviously can't ignore cardiologist, so said easiest get laya to refer. Did care call, now have open scan and cardiologist referral.

Question 1: Where in Galway or Dublin best to go ( cost irrelevant)? Mater Private seems best anecdotally...some say Hermitage or Beacon?

Question 2: Is it possible do all in a day eg echo in morning, cardiologist later or would he/she need time study?

Fairly confident harmless, but Needless to say would like put mind 100% at ease ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Rocket Man

How did you get on? had something simular recently myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I have the Beacon hounding me to make an appointment after one of their check ups (via work).

There was an anomaly ? I asked would it be because the sensors kept falling off whilst doing the run on threadmill??

So made appointment with consultant to meet in a pvt hospital.

paid €250 for a 'consultant' to talk to me for 8mins in a tiny (cupboard) office, about how we should all make time for ourselves.

Checked pulse, listened to my chest = 8mins €250.

Would only take cash .....

Im going to ask my GP whats the story ......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WOW...

Just heard an ad on today fm advertising Heart check up in the Beacon ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement