Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf weekend in the West of Ireland

Options
  • 24-02-2023 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi Everyone.. Looking for a bit of advice.. Family group from mid 70s to early 30s all fairly decent golfers looking to play 3 nice courses in Galway/Mayo/sligo region. We would like to stay in the same location/accommodation for our stay (a bit of life and nice restaurants etc) but be in a reasonable drive to golf courses. A links course would be nice but not essential. We could splurge on one course but have a reasonable budget .. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Of those you mention, Sligo with Rosses Point, Strandhill and Enniscrone is the standout for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

This was exactly what I was going to recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

The three mentioned are a very safe bet and Sligo is a nice town.

You could also stay in Westport and play Westport, Castlebar and Mulranny (9 hole links)

Or Salthill/Galway and play Galway Bay, Connemara Isles (9 holes) and Connemara (Links). (Also close by are Galway, Bearna, Athenry)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Westport, Carne and Castlebar. And base yourselves in Westport.

If carne is a bit far (but it is stunning) then Achill Island golf club is a great club for a casual game and stunning location.

I'd avoid Galway. Overpriced hotels and utterly horrendous traffic.

Post edited by walterking on

Advertisement