Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer protection

Options
  • 24-02-2023 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone. I “purchased” a German manufactured gravel bike in December 2021 in a local bike shop in county Wicklow thru Bike to Work Scheme. When I made the purchase, the shop informed me that a wait of 3-4 months would be needed due to the manufacturer’s logistics, supply issues and other concerns relative to the pandemic. It’s website also acknowledged this situation. I agreed to wait but the problem is, I’m still waiting for the unit until this very moment. My question is, do I have the right as a consumer to cancel the purchase and refund the money after waiting for more than a year? Am I protected by any Irish or European law in this regard?

Thank you very much.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,075 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Probably far too late now, but moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Yes you do.

Unreasonable delay.

Full refund.

Shop won't be too bothered as they probably have another customer waiting

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You say you purchased it via bike to work,

Did you give the shop the bike to work voucher info? (you shouldn't have back in 2021), did the shop draw down the bike to work money and are you or have you already paid it back via your wages?

Advertisement