Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Redmond

Options
  • 24-02-2023 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭

Today was Dave Redmond's last breakfast show on South East Radio after 9 years. He moves to lunchtime from Monday and Phil Cawley takes over the breakfast slot. Dave has a very long list of radio stations that he has worked on, which I won't bore you with.

Listening to his show this morning, you'd think that he was retiring and not just moving to a later show. He didn't sound too impressed at the prospect.

Post edited by Red Fred on

Comments

Big change for Phil Cawley, I don't think he's ever done breakfast before (except an odd fill-in), As for Dave Redmond, he can be proud of the fact that nobody has come close to matching his listenership on 2fm weekend breakfast since his departure at the end of 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

You might want to change the thread title while you still can!

I will do the boring bit and list some of the other stations!

Wicklow's East Coast Radio

Dublin stations: Lite FM/Q102, 98FM, FM104 and Radio Nova (okay - it also includes the commuter belt counties!)

2FM

Today FM

Spirit Radio

4FM (now called Ireland's Classic Hits)

He also did a stint with regional tv station BBC Yorkshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Hahaha!! Yeh because thats something that everybody talks about, figures from a weekend gig from 15 years ago!! 😝😝😝

South East radio has a very poor website, like something from the 00s, Phil Cawley's predecessor is still listed on Drivetime about 3 years after Phil took over the slot https://www.southeastradio.ie/shows/weekday/

Advertisement