Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Australia

Options
  • 24-02-2023 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

my husband would like to go to Australia for 3 months to work on a farm during harvest. We had planned on him getting a working holiday visa and that me and our two children would go on a holiday visa. After looking into the whv I’ve realised he cannot bring any dependents while on a whv. I’m just wondering if there is another visa he can apply for so that we can go too? My aunt and uncle are citizens and can also get a visa for me to visit them so would it be possible for them to get me a visiting visa and him a whv? My plan is to stay with them for the 3 months while his working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Confirm your email address so you can post properly, then I'll move this to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coo2016

Great thanks! I’ve had to email you guys as I didn’t get a verification email. I’ve just emailed you back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The office have sorted your confirmation state, so I'll move this now.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no visa that would allow you to do this.

Your only option would be a skilled visa but if you're only going for 3 months then it wouldn't be worth your while.

Your aunt and uncle being citizens have no bearing on you getting a holiday visa for Australia. This is just a tourist visa which allows you to visit Australia but not to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

There isn't anything stopping your husband getting a 1 year WHV visa and going on his own with you following with the kids a week or so later on a tourist visa for the 3 months and staying with family. If you decided to stay longer than the 3 months, you could fly to NZ for a short stay and fly back on another tourist visa.

There is always a small chance Border Force may connect the dots. Use different addresses on your entry for where you intend to stay etc. Have no messages or comms on your phone discussing your plans if your devices get checked, use a different email to apply for your tourist visa than you would normally use to email your partner etc.

Technically you wouldn't be doing anything wrong. Your partner would be on a WHV, didn't bring in any dependents and you would be on a tourist visa, not working and complying with the rules.

• Advertisement
Advertisement