Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Smart Meter Monitoring

Options
  • 23-02-2023 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

I wrongly assumed that when I got a smart meter I'd be able to see and monitor daily usage in near real-time via an app or website. Is there however a way to do this? Can I see my smart meter over the internet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Best you can view is prior 24 hours.

Go to ESB networks site, register an account with your MPRN. You can then view your recent usage & download data to CSV file to analyze offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Call me a sceptic, but I think the real purpose of smart meters is to allow suppliers to charge you more at certain times. ie when you actually want and need it, like first thing in the morning and when you get home from work.

My mom who lives in the UK has one, worst thing she ever got. Sits there watching the price on it, scared to turn the heating on as she can see cost start to go up. Every night I ring her she gives me the run down on how much it's cost her today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Hard to see any benefit for the consumer

You might break even using appliances at the night rate

Advertisement