Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspect Chinese Vendor

Options
  • 23-02-2023 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

I purchased a replacement laptop battery from a seller who appeared to be based in Ireland, when I received the invoice by email I discovered that it is actually a Chinese vendor. I then done a bit of research and it seams the company are well known for performing scams, I know I should have checked this before placing the order.

Apparently what they do is send out fake/counterfeit goods. When the buyer starts a dispute through PayPal then PayPal require the buyer to return the item by registered post to China, obviously at considerable cost to the buyer . PayPal will then only refund with proof of delivery to the vendor, which either takes a long time or never ends up happening, lots of failed delivery attempts.

As I've only placed the order today and it will probable take weeks for the item to arrive, if it even does, Is there anything I can do in the mean time to try get a refund? The PayPal transaction was done through my debit card.

Comments

Advertisement