Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland billing

Options
  • 22-02-2023 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Direct debit set up at begining of year, no bill due. Account not in credit or arrears yet an unexpected €250 taken from my bank and put as credit into my electric Ireland account. 2 phone calls to different staff and they could offer no explanation as why it happened. A supervisor rang eventually to try offer an explanation however english was not her first language so I failed to understand. Luckily I'm still in credit to €250 my point is my money was used (on a Friday evening) to go towards a bill I wasn't due and the explanation was to try and blame the timing of my bill versus the timing of the government energy credit. I'll pay bills when they are due and I'll accept credits when they are due but nobody want to get caught with an unscheduled bill, has this happened to others I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭986s

Hi,

Same this just happened to me- Just signed up for direct debit at the start of the year also- 250 euro removed as an unscheduled payment a week before my scheduled bill was due. Rang customer services but really at a loss as to why this was taken from my account. My account is now in credit to the tune of 200 euro, so don't know if this is a Harvey Norman type scenario where they add it on just to take it off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭omeara1113

I have not had an electric ireland electricity bill since last November

I contacted electric ireland numerous times and it's like talking to a child no help whatsoever they were able to tell me alright that my next bill is may 5th six months after my last one what a joke I hope they have an installment plan

Post edited by omeara1113 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Why not register online. It takes a couple of minutes and all your bills will show

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭omeara1113

I am registered for online billing no difference can not see any bills neither can customer service everything is escalated to the back office which is supposed to get back to you in ten days but good luck with that

Advertisement