Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I ain't through with you by damn sight......"

Options
  • 21-02-2023 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

"....... I'ma get medi-evil on your ass!!".

Most boss one liners.

That's got to be in the top five?

From one of the iconic pieces of cinema of our generation.

Perfectly placed follow up to the scene preceding it.

I mean, dude just got "taken from behind" - we'd apply it figuratively to ourselves in day to day life, but literally in this instance.

"You okay..... ?"

Cue the title dialogue, directed at the butt-f**ker.

"I'ma get medi-evil on your ass....!!".

I'd like to think I can apply this general outlook to the figurative butt-f**kers I encounter on my meandering journey (again, maintaining consistency with being figurative, of course).

Anything to top that?

In physics we trust....

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Any line by Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in ‘Tombstone’, they’re all bad-ass.

He doesn’t even need a line, twirling the cup on his finger in Johnny Ringo’s face at the card table is as boss as you’ll ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

sometimes its just the delivery

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Con Air

Garland Greene "Define Irony. A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was made famous by a band who died in a place crash - that's irony wouldn't you think?"

Pulp Fiction

Jimmie "Let me ask you a question. When you came pulling in here, did you notice a sign out in front of my house that said "Dead N****r Storage? You know WHY you didn't see that sign? Cause it ain't there, 'cause storing dead n*****s ain't my **** business"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭buried

"your F**king there mate, so get in that car, and f**k off"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

That film was a combination of the bizarre, and the terribly sad.

Dudes actions spoke louder than words for sure.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

• Advertisement

Yeah I love that film. It's a proper modern take on the kind of wild western revenge films that took their cues from the older Japanese revenge films that also included elements of psychology that the vast majority of western films left out. This one doesn't.

Bill the Butcher not really caring about the auld virtue signalling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

How did I forget this?

Got to again, be one of thee most iconic revenge expressions, from the cult classic "Scarface":

Again it goes without saying, it is figurative.

No one is advocating violence.

It's representative of addressing degeneracy, uncultured swine.

And all those angry little rodents.

Paradoxically, applied and implemented under appropriate terms, this outlook categorically and unequivocally makes the world a better place.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shank Williams

im talking to an empty telephone, cos there is a dead man on the other end of this **** line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

For some reason that bit ALWAYS makes me laugh. Every time. As you say, it's the delivery. I'm ALCTUALLY laughing right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement