Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car service - ( emissions)

• 21-02-2023 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I get my car serviced at a very reputable garage - takes up to 3 weeks to get any service / work , done , I happened to mention at the last service - that I presumed he checks the emissions -( as my car was due NCT, the next day) he says no , doesn't do that anymore !

I found this a bit strange as I presumed this would be done as a matter of course ! Do the majority of garages check emissions as a matter of course I just wonder , thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Have never checked emissions when routine servicing unless someone asked or there was a problem with the emissions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Ah that's good to know . I just thought it was a little strange he used to , but now , doesn't - would be nice to know prior to NCT , that it was ok ! He just said ah it should be !!!! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭cml387

Some garages might have the equipment to do it, some might have had it at one stage but no longer do.

Ah that's good to know , thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

And even if you ask, how do you know the even do it? Could just be charging you on another €50 for saying "ya boss, she's clean as a whistle " and giving you some fabricated printout.

99% of people couldn't give a toss about emissions, so garages have no interest in it.

If you have an emissions problem, then the NCT will tell you that. And then you do work on the car if necessary.

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Advertisement

Thank you my lady

Advertisement