Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pubs in North Wicklow or south Dublin to watch Cheltenham

Options
  • 19-02-2023 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi All

can anyone recommend a pub where shouting at your horse won't get you chucked out during the festival, I'm having a stag sort of, about 10 or 12 lads various ages no rowdies among us but we can get load,

I'm looking for a pub preferably with a bookies nearby or one that the bar have a deal with the bookie to phone in bets, North Wicklow or South Dublin would be great, it looks like Gold cup day 17.03.23 as it's Paddies day bank holiday so no need for a day off work and all weekend to recover

as always any help greatly appreciated

Regards

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

South dublin thedenhouse rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

The Igo Inn in Ballybrack is excellent.

wouldn't go near the Goat, they asked a 4 year old with special needs to leave on Paddys Day last year for making noise when every one else in the pub was shouting!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Thanks guys

only just saw this, we ended up at Paddy Powers fan zone in the Camden, it was very good, only little things PP are missing a trick by not being able to bet in the pub, the race card thing you get is black and white and they music is very load so hard to chat across a table

none of this bothered me, or probably most people as we mostly look up stuff on the phone, but I was with a few people who knew very little about racing it would have been nice if they saw the colours even before they bet,

apart from that it was really good, lovely Guinness, lovely food, Ladbrokes across the road and PP down the road

Regards

D

Advertisement