Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood - Domville vs Mercer Vale vs Cherry Lane

Options
  • 19-02-2023 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

Me and my wife recently started to look for buying a house after renting in Dublin for 5 years. We live currently in Glenageary but we can’t afford a 4 bedroom there so we selected cherrywood as a possible area. I work near Charlemont but I go to the office max a couple of times a week.

We are struggling to understand the differences in the 3 developments mentioned in the title and we were wondering if someone that did already the exercise can share some info. From what we understand Cherry Lane should be the most expensive one, followed by Mercer and Domville, but again why is that? Build quality? Position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pixrem

Did you learn something in the meantime? We are also looking to buy there.

Cherry Lane released new prices for the latest phase and the 4beds start at 780k 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sherryLane

Ive been scouting these x3 developments for a while and the ranking between the x3 was easy to notice,

1. CherryLane
    2. Mercer Vale
    3. Domville

Cherrylane has nice design, its inspired from the Copenhagen houses. Also the interior finishes its a bit superior to Mercer Vale ( I wont Mention DomVille, it was really unappealing after the first viewing, even the exterior looks shady)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 winter_leaves

I live really close to mercer vale. I walk around both charry lane and mercer vale everyday.

Personally I like Cherrylane and Mercer vale more than Domville because the land is higher and you really close to Tully Park.

We visited Domville, the 4 beds house structure is a bit strange and we didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sherryLane

Hi all,

We have been scouting together with wife in the past year Dublin for a while to look for the area where we will raise our daughter (and hopefully more kids) and perhaps spend the rest of our lives. We ultimately chosen cherrywood. We were insisting on Mercer Vale and Cherry Lane, Domville is a bit unappealing but it has by far the most beautiful playing ground for kids out of the 3 developments.

Cherry Lane is the most expensive and the it has x3 floors (exception the 6 - 8 houses with x2 bedrooms) master bedroom would be on the 3rd floor. Unless you are buying a house facing the park ( which has a face value or 830k+ if I remember) I feel the other houses are not that great when it's about viewing from inside the house and the distance across the street with the other houses is not enough. The ones from main Road are having the entrance facing the road and the car park is behind the house and it could be a good walk for you depending which house you're choosing.

We seriously considered a x3 bedroom semi detached but we ultimately changed our mind because it didn't come with bricks, it was just a plastered finish grey color on the exterior, and this was confirmed by the agent. Also in the evening we would have been shadowed by the Duplexes in front of us, so no sun in the evening, and also the primary school is behind. Also after 3 years since they started the development, I see no residents there, it's in a continuous construction state whereas Mercer vale has x2 developments finished and fully occupied, with the 3rd development ready at the end of the year.

So I believe Mercer vale is the way to go for us..

Post edited by sherryLane on

Advertisement